Friday, May 9, 2014

Get To Know Me Product: Beauty Shots Cosmetics Review


Beauty Shots Cosmetics


Emergency and Party Prep Serums


I am a HUGE fan of serums. I've tried a couple and I think I know enough when a serum does its job or not. I'm sure we all do. With millions of beauty products to choose from it is often hard to find one that becomes your favorite. I think it is safe to say when it comes to skincare we don't fuss too much on the price tag but more on the quality of that beauty product. For a good year or so I have been skimping on the serum from my usual beauty routine. I've just been at the old cleanse, tone and moisturize for clean skin adage. I am one who (when it comes to beauty) likes to take early preventative measures (we're talking about signs of ageing etc). A month or so back I was fortunate enough to be sent a set of Beauty Shot samples thanks to Beauty Shot Cosmetics. One was the Party Prep Serum (purple and white box) and the other the Emergency Serum (pink and white box). Now, before I give my verdict/review on the serums, here is some information on both the serums I was lucky enough to be given...







Get To Know Me Product:
Beauty Shot Cosmetics Emergency and Party Prep Serum

Each set of serums are contained in a small wallet size box that contain 7x 3ml glass ampules. According to the information printed on the boxes, the Emergency Serum is an "intensive skin serum system that helps nourish skin, soften texture and minimise the appearance of fine lines and imperfections" while the Party Prep Serum is an "intensive skin serum system that helps balance skin tone, smooth texture, reduce visible dark spots and improve skin radiance". Each box contains information of the serum and the benefits it provides as well as instructions in order to achieve the best results. There are varied options in ways to use the serums. However, they state that the best is to commit to using it in both your morning and evening skincare routine. According to the Beauty Shot Cosmetics, if you use the serum consecutively for 7 days you will notice visible improvements to your skin. Both Emergency and Party Prep Serums are free from sulphates, parabens, petrochemicals, artificial colors and fragrances and are suitable for all skin types.







My Verdict:
I gave this serum a good test run. I found that 1 ampule is good for around 2 days worth of application though in the box it says it is good for 1 days worth but I think you can get an extra day in there with a good few taps. 

Packaging: I have found the pipette/dropper that it comes with (found as a lid) doesn't really do anything to pick up the product and you are better off just dropping some straight from the ampule bottle. Packaging wise, the white little glass ampule looks pretty enough to be displayed amongst your other beauty products on your vanity, practicality however I'm not sure of. I am guessing the serums are better reserved/stored in these glass ampules, which do make them convenient.





Product: The serum itself is non greasy and has a pleasant organic like smell. It dry's quickly on your skins therefor there's little time to wait before you can apply your moisturizer/night cream. Being still in my 20's it is difficult to see whether it reduces fine lines for me as I don't really have none. I am also not a party person so I don't really see much difference as I do already follow a strict regimen. However, I have been sick for a few days and I have noticed my skin isn't as dull looking. I have also noticed my skin texture is smoother, brighter and after application leaves my skin looking luminescent and refreshed. I have been using the Party Prep Serum and have started the Emergency one. 

Emergency Key Ingredients:
  • Pure Hyaluranan: Found in many cosmetics, it occurs naturally in the body and helps bind and lubricate our bones, muscles and skin. This ingredient is often used as a facial filler.
  • Marine Collagen: Is a topical skin tightening ingredient that softens fine lines, reduces wrinkles and lift saggy skin.
  • Rosehip Oil: A common ingredient found in skincare. It is a popular ingredient at it helps fighting the signs of ageing. It is rich in multi vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids while it helps moisture and improve skin condition. Contains Vitamin A, Beta-Carotene, Lycopene and Vitamin C.
  • Pomegranate Extract
  • Ginkgo Biloba: Helps reduce UV damage, contains Alpha hydroxyl acids which help gently exfoliate  the skin. It is often found in Chinese medicine and is rich in antioxidants, Vitamin A, C and E.
  • Ylan Ylang: Helps to even and balance oily skin as well as dry skin.
  • Aloe Vera: Moisturising antioxidants, Vitamin B and C, folic acid and Carotene.

Party Prep Key Ingredients:
  • Argan Oil: Contains Vitamin E, amino fatty acids and saponins which protect against premature ageing.
  • Vitamin C
  • Chromabright: An active ingredient that helps visibly lighten dark spots and reduce skin pigmentation.
  • Lipochroman: This is a powerful antioxidant that protects cells form stress, which causes dark spots, dullness and uneven skin tone.
  • Bergamot Essential Oil: Has antibacterial properties and an antiseptic that helps skin regeneration.  Evens out skin tone and reduces hyperpigmentation and helps fade dark spots.
  • Pomegranate Extract: A powerful antioxidant that is rich in nutrients such as vitamins B5 and C. Helps to stimulate the production of collagen.
  • French Lavender
  • Aloe Vera







RE-Purchase: These products I would definitely purchase. Serum's are vital to add into your beauty regimen if you would like to take early preventative action in fighting signs of ageing. Beauty Shot Cosmetics Party Prep serums can be purchased on their page here . For Beauty Shot Cosmetic Emergency serums, they can be purchased here

With Mothers Day coming up, these would make the perfect gifts! What are your favorite serums? Comment below and let me know. Would you like to read more skin care product reviews?

Till next time,

Z. xxx



*Disclaimer: This item was gifted to me in consideration for a review. However, please note this review is true and the opinions stated are of my own. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Material (photographs/video and content) contained in this blog are my own, I took these photo's myself and therefore own the copyrights to these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment